INCI: Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
Description: Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
Regulatory: USA (TSCA), EU (REACH), Canada (DSL), Australia (AICS), Philippines (PICCS), New Zealand (NZIoC), Korea (KECI), China (IECSC - IECIC), Taiwan (NECI)
Colonial AOS-40 is a pale yellow to light amber aqueous solution of sodium C14-16 alpha olefin sulfonate. Colonial AOS-40 combines the advantages of high foaming power, good emulsification, mildness to the skin, and excellent lime soap dispersion to give the formulator maximum flexibility in the preparation of light and heavy-duty cleaners. It is also suitable for use in acidic formulations such as those containing alpha hydroxyl acids or salicylic acid.
Colonial AOS-40 is perfect for sulfate-free personal care and detergent products.
- Excellent cost/performance characteristics and foam properties
- Improved mildness over lauryl sulfates
- Excellent viscosity and foam characteristics
- More stable than alcohol sulfates over a broad pH range
- Fully compatible with other anionic, amphoteric and nonionic surfactants
- Economical and high-performing sulfate-free, biodegradable shampoos
- Hand soaps and shower gels
- Car washing compounds
- Light-duty liquid detergents
- Heavy-duty laundry detergents