Description: Functionalized Alkyl Polyglucoside
Patent #: Patent Pending
Regulatory: US (TSCA), EU (REACH), Canada (NDSL), Australia (AICS)
Suga®Boost 050 is a naturally-derived performance surfactant suitable for laundry and naturally-based exterior cleaner formulations. Cleaning performance is higher than traditional surfactants such as DDBSA, SLES, and NP-9 in removing food soils, animal grease, and protein soil and meets demands for high-performance green cleaning formulations. Suga®Boost 050 is 1,4-Dioxane-free.
Suga®Boost 050 has mild characteristics in comparison to regulated surfactants such as sulfates, alcohol alkoxylates, Coco DEA, and betaines.
Suga®Boost 050 is useful in formulations for laundry and naturally-based exterior cleaners.
Suga®Boost 050 is stable in hydrogen peroxide.
All substances are readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Boost 050 as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Boost 050 also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- Greatly enhanced performance over traditional surfactants in many HI&I applications
- Based on patent-pending technologies in synergy of naturally-derived components
- Variety of chemistries that meet different formulation and performance demands
- Compatible with majority of surfactants
- Mild to eyes and very mild characteristics for skin contact
- EO/PO Free, No VOCs
- Free of Prop 65 components (1,4-Dioxane, DEA, DCA, etc.)
- Broad regulatory approvals
- Globally registered in major markets
- Laundry (home and commercial)
- Exterior washes (siding, roofs, decks)
- Transportation cleaning (boats, trains, airplanes)
- Hand soaps and facial washes
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Emulsion polymerization